Sweet2Cook may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post.
This chocolate mousse recipe is not only rich and chocolatey, but extremely quick and easy! When you serve it to your guests, they will think you’ve slaved over it for hours in the kitchen. Check out how easy this is! … and one of the most delicious chocolate mousse you’ll ever eat!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 8 individual servings
Ultimate Chocolate Mousse Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate, 8 oz., chopped
- Cocoa powder for sprinkling on top (optional)
Ultimate Chocolate Mousse Instructions:
- Beat the egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed approximately 3 minutes
- Gradually beat in sugar until blended
- In medium saucepan, heat 1 cup whipping cream on medium-low until heated through
- Gradually stir in the egg yolk mixture
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick, but not boiling
- Stir in semi-sweet baking chocolate until melted
- Remove from heat
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until chilled
- In bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff
- Fold whipped cream into the chilled chocolate mixture until smooth
- Spoon the mixture into serving bowls or glasses
- Chill until served. Lightly sprinkle with cocoa powder on top if desired. Enjoy!